Tuesday, May 5, 2020

And so it begins...

Hello! 

As some of you know, I was once a "professional" ttrpg reviewer. I made money reviewing ttrpg products for various outlets, was responsible for organizing and structuring RPGNow's original Staff Review program, and did occasional consulting work on products for other publishers. Then I gave all of that up. 

Since then, I've been creating and selling my own little games, mostly for fun, rather than profit (although I've been incredibly blessed to work with fellow creatives in that capacity). I recently contributed to Thorn: City of Kings with Jim Pinto, which uses a highly modified version of my own FIST System. 

I very recently got back into doing reviews - also for fun, not for profit. I have a pinned tweet over on Twitter that is dedicated to "One Tweet Reviews" where I basically say nice things about games that have impressed me (I did write one review about a game that disappointed me). 

This blog will be dedicated to positivity in ttrpgs. 

I will post short reviews here of products I like and do my best to boost the signal of fun and positive products put out by incredible indie publishers. 

To clarify: I will not spend energy here talking about games I don't like, calling out creators who are "missing stairs" in our hobby (or their supporters), attacking other bloggers, etc. 

This isn't that kind of blog. Which will probably come as quite the surprise to some of you who follow me on Twitter, where I can be quite angry/shouty. I'm trying to do better. I'd like to see more sites dedicated to praising worthy products and creators. I've been told I should "be the change I want to see" so I am. Right here. 

Thank you for joining me on this journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment